Sunday, February 20, 2011

Arboretum Inspiration ~ Succulents

A few weeks ago I took Jack, Elizabeth and Van to the arboretum. 
I got this shot of Elizabeth among the succulents in the desert habitat. 

 
 Normally, I gravitate toward traditional, English and French garden design. 
But, when I saw the gorgeous colors in the photo, 
I was inspired to pay more attention to the lovely and strange plants around our house. 


So, today I gathered up all the random pots of succulents 
that were tucked away and forgotten 
in various parts of our yard, and put them all together.


Grouping highlights their unique shapes, 
luminous colors, and strange spiny details.

 

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the off-beat, slightly strange types.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...